Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Music Monday # 18 and NaBloPoMo Day 30 - Scars

I know, I know, I owe you guys a post all about how amazing Advocacy Day was, and I promise I'll get there!  But it is Music Monday and the last day of NaBloPoMo covering poetry, and so I want to get a post in to cover those.  I heard this song yesterday on the Christian rock station, and it linked well with the last poem that I had wanted to make sure to share.

Depression

A black cloud descends,
Blue sadness and black fatigue
Swirl
As it tightens around me;
It binds my arms,
Makes me unable
To fight its chafing effects.

My life no longer belongs
To me.
Scars appear,
Tears fall,
Yells come from my throat,
But it is the cloud that does these things,
Not me.

I try to look past the cloud,
Try to remember happiness,
But my memories are blocked
By the force that governs my life;
It censors happy words,
Thoughts, pictures,
But there is one thing it cannot stop...

A high, clear note
Penetrates the darkness.
Music follows
As a flute flirts
With my cloud,
Chasing bits away
Until happiness returns.



1 comment: