Wednesday, August 30, 2017


The hysteroscopy is going to cost as much as an IUI cycle.  I didn't want to think about it, but I raised the question of what if we decided to just stop here and not get into all this, but Papa Bear said he would want me to do the hysteroscopy and remove the polyp anyway because of the fear of cancer.  I don't think my mom's cancer was genetic, but it was such a freak kind of cancer that we don't know for sure.  Now we're having to look at which of the trips we had planned this fall (related to volunteer work but also then involving seeing friends we never see) we can cut so we can afford this shit.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Where to next?

Yesterday was our follow-up consult with the new doctor, now that testing is all done.  I felt too shitty about it to post last night, so I'm taking the plunge on that now.  We knew about the SHG and needing the hysteroscopy and still being scared of complications.  What we didn't know until yesterday is that my AMH has dropped from 0.87 in August 2016 to 0.47 in July 2017.  We also didn't know until yesterday that here in Georgia an IVF cycle costs twice what it did in Maryland 5 years ago.  Because of that, we're going to try IUI for a round or two, despite the odds only being 10-15% with my age and only one ovary.  I don't have much of any hope of it working, but we can at least afford to try it by then.  If it goes to IVF, we only get one shot.  We had to finance a car in January when we hadn't been planning to.  We might be able to get financing through a medical financing group to finance the cost equivalent of one brand-new sedan for a single cycle.  I highly doubt anyone in their right mind would finance us for the equivalent of two or more brand new cars, even with it being a medical loan rather than a commercial loan.

I hate my body for betraying us in this way.