Monday, November 28, 2016

#MicroblogMondays: Good News and Bad News Leads to What?

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

I hadn't had time to blog this last week because I was leaving town, but I had my mid-cycle follow up last Tuesday.  The Femara worked...a little too well.  I had FOUR follicles maturing.  The doctor asked whether we would consider selective reduction if we went forward with the cycle, and both Papa Bear and I could not do it.  She then offered to use a needle to aspirate two of the eggs that day, but Papa Bear did not feel good with it ethically (I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but if he's not comfortable with it we won't do it).  So we were told to use protection for the rest of the week.  I talked to my parents about it (who made my sister on the 7th or 8th treatment cycle), and they thought we should try anyway because two of the follicles were smaller than the other two and because the chance of higher order multiples is still pretty low.  I prayed about whether we should try or not.  Man, I wish God gave clear yes/no answers.  The next day was my birthday.  We had made it to New York for the holiday and, through a twist of fate, got a second suite comped to us at the Residence Inn for the kids so that we had a king-size bed/room to ourselves with no kids on the other side of the wall.  Seemed like a sign for sure.  So now we wait and see.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

New Protocol

I had my follow up with the RE today, on CD4.  Despite the fact that this last cycle didn't work, the appointment started with great AMH was up from 0.87 to 1.6!  Papa Bear was able to come with me this time, so he got to meet the RE and form his impression (most awkward appointment ever in his book).  Since we've now had 2 Clomid cycles not work, despite 2 really good-looking follicles last month, she's switching me to Femara 5mg.  Who all out there has done Femara?

No shots of any type with this cycle (especially since we'll be out of town for Thanksgiving at BD time).  We will see how it goes, but it's nice to be making progress.  Before leaving for the holiday, I'll have an appointment for a mid-cycle ultrasound, and we'll be able to get results from more testing for me and Papa Bear both.

For the record, I absolutely adore the phlebotomist at this clinic!!!!  I have a HUGE needle phobia, but she has now stuck me twice without me wanting to cry, even with my vein not cooperating today!