Monday, August 01, 2016

#MicroblogMondays: Wading Into New Waters

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is?Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

I've been seeing an ad on my Facebook for MyEndometriosisTeam, a social network for women with endo.  I've been thinking about joining and just not having the time, but from when I first saw it until my computer had to restart, the tab was open in Chrome waiting for me.  Tonight, I clicked to join, and now my anxiety is in full swing.  I'm sitting here typing and playing a silly Facebook game and not saying anything out loud to my family while my skin feels too tight for my body and my muscles are rigid.  I don't know why I'm reacting this strongly.  Maybe it's my social anxiety and the fear of putting myself out there to meet new people and people not being interested in connecting with me.  Here, most of my connections are people I've known for years on here, even if I was gone for a long time.  And here feels safe.  It could also be fear of what I'll find out, or of not learning and gaining anything useful.  I don't know.  But here goes, I guess.

3 comments:

  1. Holding you hand while you make the jump. If you don't try to make those connections, you'll never know where they lead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It helps to have my friends behind me

      Delete
  2. I hope it brings you community and helpful connections. So scary to take a risk and wait to see what happens. I'm hoping it's a positive experience!

    ReplyDelete