Saturday, October 09, 2010

So, we've been looking whether and how we can afford to go to a fertility clinic, also known as a Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE).

I went to my OB/GYN today to ask were they refer people, and the only clinic they send people to is Shady Grove. I walked down the hall to SG to ask for a rate sheet. The front desk staff were very helpful and sweet. She told me about them having shared risk programs for IUI as well as for IVF. I was told that the initial consultation is $300 but to tell them if and when I made an appointment that we don't have coverage, because some of the doctors will be flexible about that fee for people without coverage. Unfortunately, DH and I make too much to qualify for financial assistance, even though we don't make enough money to have a baby. The woman was surprised that our insurance didn't even cover diagnostic testing because most people's does. Of course this would happen AFTER DH's company switches to shitty insurance. Because every possible thing that could interfere with us being able to have a family is. Murphy's having a frickin field day with me at this point.

The woman at SG did also give me their new patient packet. I saw a pamphlet on the way out for infertility counseling and grabbed it. They don't offer it at the Annapolis office, but they do have free support groups, while our local hospital does not.

Next step from here is for DH to ask his urologist for where they refer people to, especially since the doc said he refers people to somewhere that's less expensive than SG, and for me to get rate sheets from them and from other places that y'all were talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment