Friday, February 25, 2011

Recently I felt inspired to write poetry again.  I used to write a lot of poetry in high school, as that was a very emotional time for me that inspired a lot of creativity.  I initially did not share this new poem with DH because of how raw the emotions in it were.  When I did, he encouraged me to post it on here.  This is how I feel right now as I deal with the despair and the waiting and the wondering if I'll ever even have the chance to try again.

WARNING: Do NOT read unless you are up for reading something that taps into the depths of the pain that I experience.  Plenty of people care about me but don't want to know how it really is.  If you are one of those people, stop here.  If you are someone who does want to know how it really is but is having a down day yourself, you might want to wait and read this another day.  This may be overkill on the disclaimer, but I don't want to upset anyone.


Tear tracks stiffen and dry out,
Cracks in my armor,
Cracks in my soul
Leaving oozing open wounds.
My essence drains through
The sieve of my heart
And lies on the floor like sand
To be swept into a corner,
Forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing poem. So raw and true. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete