Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One step forward, one step...I don't know...sideways?

I texted DH and my best guy friend tonight, proud of myself because, when I was at Wal-Mart, I saw the same magazine cover that had upset me on Sunday and managed to not get teary-eyed.  I said in the text, "Go, me."  It was an effort, and I also had to make an effort to look away from the magazines any time I passed them, but I didn't tear up.

When I got home and checked Facebook, I saw that pictures had been posted from a former coworker's baby shower.  I wanted to be able to look, because I miss the friends that were there, but I just couldn't.  I suppose it's a good thing that I didn't try to make myself look anyway, but it was easier to take care of myself in that situation because it didn't take away from anyone else.  Plus, the pictures will still be there when I reach the point where I can look.

I'm trying, here.  (I know, I know, I'm very trying to the people around me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment