Sunday, May 08, 2011

Worst Day of the Year

Screw this.  I'm ignoring Facebook and going back to bed.  The worst part was seeing posts about people for whom this is their first Mother's Day as a mother, whether they are pregnant or just had their baby.  I'm glad they have this day to be cherished, and it's not like I think people shouldn't be posting about their day, I just can't deal with looking at it, so I'm taking care of myself.  I'm not so much bitter or angry as I am hurting.  Not hurt by anyone, just hurting about the situation.

I do really appreciate that if I got my butt in gear and went to church, that my pastor believes in celebrating the women of the church on this day because we all act motherly to someone.  She set it up so all the ladies get a flower, knowing (not just because of me) that plenty of times when women don't have a child, it's not by choice.  At this point, though, I just feel drained and want nothing more (ok, almost nothing more) than to go back to bed and hibernate and hope to goodness that I don't have another dream like yesterday.  For one thing, even with my pastor giving that consideration, I don't think I could get through church without crying, and DH went to see a friend who preaches elsewhere, so it would be just me.  I'm sure I'll get some churchiness in later today working on the sermon I'll be delivering next week when I pinch hit for the pastor.

2 comments:

  1. Went to the grocery store yesterday and was wished a happy mother's day. Ugh. I'm going to start wishing everyone a happy veteran's day or something, just because they COULD be a veteran...??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you think, girl!

    ReplyDelete