Tuesday, June 14, 2011

APPOINTMENT SCHEDULED!!!

Gee, can you tell I'm a little excited today?!  I've been waiting for so long for this, though, and now things are finally progressing!  I have an appointment for July 20 at 7:15 AM.  I would rather have taken the 8:30 appointment, or better yet 9, but things have been so crazy for DH with work that I took the super-early appointment for his sake.

We'll see what I think of Shady Grove and which side I end up on once I'm really working with them, but so far I'm pleased with the service.  Rather than calling them (which I was going to do in short order if I didn't hear from them), I filled out their New Patient thing on their website.  The page said they would call within 24 hours unless it was a weekend or holiday.  I had a few moments between clients, and I submitted it at about 3:25 PM.  They called me back at about 4!  I was with a client then, so I called back when that client left, and we got me/us scheduled.  Their first available was July 14, but I'm going to be out of town with my family then.  They had more during the day on July 19 and then morning appointments on July 20.  So here we go!  I know it might take a lot of tests and a long while to get anywhere even once I'm seeing a clinic, but at least we're getting to start that lot of tests and long while rather than just treading water with no idea when that part will end.

On another note, when we first started TTC, I had taken a preparing to conceive class at the hospital, and what the doctors and nurses there had said about caffeine was to try to limit it to 240 mg per day if you could be or are pregnant.  So since then, that's what I've been trying to go with anytime I could be pregnant.  Today, though, I saw on RESOLVE.org that more than 100 mg per day could interfere with egg development.  So I'm going to work on cutting down on the Diet Coke.  Thank heavens I'm not a coffee drinker, since that's got a lot more caffeine, but to keep under 100 mg/day, I can only have 2 cans of Diet Coke.  Woo, buddy, that's gonna be hard!

3 comments:

  1. Better get yourself some caffeine free Diet Coke! (To be honest, you should try to cut out soda all together, but that's okay.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, maybe I will. I don't like it as much, but it is better than caffeine-free regular Coke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for progress! :) Glad you have an appt scheduled. Hope they can get started right away with bloodwork and tests etc.

    ReplyDelete