Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cheering Myself Up

For one thing, I do need to give DH a lot of credit.  He's been really great lately, sensitive to my needs and supportive.  He's still letting me know how he feels, so he's not "taking care of me" by hiding how he feels.  But he's caring for me without resenting or being annoyed by me needing care.

I noticed on Wednesday night that the Princess Diaries was on.  I watched that and the second movie when it came on right after.  I then watched the end of My Sister's Keeper and then all of A Cinderella Story before going to bed.  I noticed that watching silly chick flicks made me happy.  I decided to run with that today, watching one chick flick after another all afternoon and evening.  I also made a tiered cake for the first time and experimented with a couple of other techniques on DH's birthday cake.  I've got a LOT to learn and improve on with cake decorating, but considering I'm entirely untrained and have learned what I have from books and LiveJournal, I'm pretty happy with it.

3 comments:

  1. So happy your hubby is such a great guy...maybe you can share some pics with us of the cake.

    And oh, Happy Birthday to your hubby!


    iclw #39

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hubby sounds great. Happy Birthday to him.

    I am glad you were able to find things to make you feel better!!

    Happy ICLW
    #27

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was silly enough not to take pics before taking the cake apart to cut. I've got another idea for a cake I want to do once I make another batch or two of fondant, so I'll post pictures of that.

    ReplyDelete