Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Curses, Foiled Again

DH has about 10 choices for insurance.  None of them are any better 50-50 on infertility coverage.  There is still one possibility for us to be able to have a cycle before spring: DH doesn't count the third paycheck of a month into our budget for the 2 months per year it happens that way.  Next one of those will be December, it looks like.  I've got a call in to the genetic testing people to see if any of the plans cover DH's testing, and hopefully they'll call me back tomorrow.  The other thing we'll need to budget for that I hadn't been thinking of is PGD, if DH also is a carrier for spinal muscular atrophy.  The plan that finishes this week for me did not cover it, and I need to check if my new plan will cover it...none of the options for DH do.  Anyone have any idea how much PGD runs? 

In other news, I was fiddling with my Facebook list again tonight because I had added some new friends.  So I looked to count the friends within 5 years of my age who are married and compared that to the number of people who are within 5 years, married, and parents.  Among my married friends within 5 years of age, 62% are parents.  That doesn't really surprise me either...after all, about 1 in 8 are infertile, and there are some that aren't ready to start a family yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment