Hi, everyone, and welcome to my happy home (or something like that). Basic overview is that DH and I are waiting a month and a couple of days to be able to start IVF #1 with PGD. We have unexplained IF, but we found out as we were getting ready to try to have IVF #1 last summer that I'm a carrier for spinal muscular atropny (SMA). A few months later, we found out DH is as well, leaving us with the options of IVF with PGD or continuing to try naturally and taking our chances with the 1 in 4 odds of having an affected baby. Needless to say, we're going with Option 1.
However, insurance didn't agree with us at first. We had been planning on starting this cycle at the first of the year when my insurance company denied the IVF because we hadn't tried IUI first. The especially crazy part of that is that they had authorized the PGD while denying the IVF! I appealed the insurance decision after having to wait a month to get my letter of medical necessity from my RE, and we got the word that the appeal had worked about 2 weeks ago. So now we wait. Fortunately, one week of the waiting will be much less onerous, since we will be going to Costa Rica with DH's father and his father's boyfriend. We're really looking forward to leaving next Tuesday!!