Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Music Monday #7 - When You Say Nothing At All

I've always thought this was a beautiful song...if for some reason I'm just listening and not singing, I prefer the duet version that I've posted here.  Most of the time, though, I prefer to listen to the Keith Whitley version and sing Alison Krauss' part myself.



The song doesn't entirely apply to me and DH, since he and I are both Words of Affirmation people as well as Physical Touch.  For those who are not familiar with Gary Chapman's book The Five Love Languages, the basic premise is that we as humans express and relieve love in one or two of five different languages: Physical Touch, Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Gifts, and Acts of Service.  I highly recommend the book for anyone who has never read it...I learned a lot about myself and others from it, and the knowledge I gained helped to improve several relationships in my life. 

1 comment:

  1. And your truly amazing mother recommended it to you. (Had to do that - I'm happy & in a mood :)

    ReplyDelete