Friday, April 06, 2012

NaBloPoMo Day 5 - More Fun with Sound

This format is called a two-voice poem, "a poem meant to be read aloud by two people. One person reads the left hand column, and the other reads the right. When words appear on the same line, they are read simultaneously."  The prompt also notes that some have written effective poems for three voices.  Maybe I'll try that at some point.  (Edit: the font size is weird, so the formatting doesn't work quite right, but hopefully you get the gist.  The right column is supposed to be straight!)


What                                       What
Are you saying?
                                               Do you mean?
I need                                      I need
To see                                     Some room
You more.                                To breathe.
You're always out
With your buddies                    You need me
24/7.                                        24/7.
                                                 I can't
Take it
Any more.                                Any more.
You don't understand                You don't understand
That I have
Problems
                                                 That I have
                                                 A life
                                                 Besides you.
I think                                        I think
We need more time                   We need some time
Together.                                   Apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment