Monday, November 15, 2010

There will be a longer post coming in a minute or two, but I first wanted to say in a separate post how grateful I am for people who break their baby news gently to me.  One of my friends had discussed with another friend how to tell me and ended up pulling me aside and telling me at the end of the day when we had seen each other, before telling a bunch of our other friends.  I very much appreciated hearing it in person, hearing her story, hearing it at the end of the day so I didn't have to put on a happy face while I was being professional, and it being ok to cry about it in front of her.  Later that evening, I went out to dinner with her and her husband, and I appreciated that we were able to joke around about me being able to drink and that so far it doesn't seem to have affected the friendship.  I really appreciate her friendship, her caring, and her concern.  I thought I might have been doing a little better after I was enjoying holding my other friend's 4-month-old Friday night, but this showed that I wasn't, and I really appreciate that being ok with my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment